Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Week 1 - Thing 2: Pointers From Lifelong Learning

The lifelong learning video was nice, but I keep thinking of the Habits in terms of hobbies or learning a new skill (like a new language) rather than in terms of work.

The easiest Habit from the 7 1/2 Habits was #3. Which was to view problems as challenges. Anytime I have a problem, be it with planning something, during an activity of some kind, or a problem at work, I view it as a challenge that I need to complete. I like the feeling that I get when I manage to fix some problem that has me stumped for a while.

The hardest habit is probably to begin with the end in mind. I like to launch into new hobbies or try to learn new skills with no end goal in mind. This usually means that I don't make it too far into some of them, I lose interest, or I run out of time, etc.

No comments: