Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week 7: Thing 12 - Image Generator

I spent some time playing with the Image Generators and had a lot of fun! I can see how many of these can be used in a library, to decorate bulletin boards, displays, or for activites and workshops.

I spent the most time playing on The Generator Blog . I like the generators that let you edit peoples appearances, like piZap or Yearbook Yourself.

I also had a lot of fun making my own brands of soda, my own tapes, and making sparkly text. Here is an example of what I made with Glowtxt:

Image from glowtxt.com text generator

I think this kind of thing would come in handy for websites. Maybe not the main library website, but if there was a special section for Teen Advisory Boards. I know some libraries have bulletin boards for their TABs, this could be an online space for them. They could decorate it with fun text, and use the generators to create pictures of things like their own sodas to represent them online.

Edit: I went back and made an avatar on the Meez website and posted it to the sidebar here!

No comments: